What is CBD?
Complete Guide to CBD
It seems like everywhere you turn, someone is talking about it these days. As a CBD brand, we’ve heard all the questions: What is it exactly? What does it stand for? Does it contain THC? So we decided to break down all the need-to-know and also cool-to-know facts about this popular and powerful compound.
- CBD stands for Cannabidiol.
- CBD is a naturally occurring plant compound found in the flower of the cannabis sativa plant.
- It is one of 116+ cannabinoids, the most well-known and studied.
- You will not get high with CBD
- Does not contain enough THC to have an effect (Usually .3% or less!)
- CBD can be taken in a variety of ways
- Tinctures that can be taken orally or added to a beverage/meal/snack
- Gummies or Capsules that are great for on-the-go
- Topically via creams or body oils
- Vaping – this is a controversial option and the jury is still out on whether or not vaping in general is safe. We don’t recommend using CBD this way.
- CBD products can either be “full-spectrum” or “isolate”
- Full-Spectrum: contains other cannabinoids that are not CBD, therefore the product may be less potent.
- Isolate: 100% CBD
What we do know is this stuff is generally safe and well-received by consumers across the country. The interest in buying and using it as a routine supplement continues to grow.
As the demand for it rises, research, studies, and information on it will too. If you want to try CBD but aren’t sure where to start, read our complete guide on the different ways to take CBD.
Interested in a free sample of our best seller? Fill out this form.